Dog bites often result in severe injuries and life-long scarring to its victims. Unfortunately, children who are very trusting of animals and don’t have the strength to get away from a dog attack, are statistically the most susceptible to a dog attack. At the Orlando Law Office of Travis Williams, we are experienced and will aggressively represent you or a loved in getting through this difficult time and in securing a just result for your future.
Florida has a strict liability dog bite law that is found under Florida Statute 767.04. It states that the dog owner is liable for injuries inflicted by his or her dog that bites a person that is in a public place or lawfully on the dog owner’s property. The owner is liable even if the dog owner was not aware that the dog had a propensity to attack or bite.
If you or a friend or family member has been bitten by a dog or other animal, remember to:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible (infection could set in).
- Contact the police and fill out a report.
- Obtain the name andcontact information of the owner and any witnesses.
- If possible, take photos of the injuries and the location of where the incident occurred.
- Do not make a recorded statement or accept settlement without contacting an attorney.
Your case and recovery is important to us. If you or a loved one have been attacked and bitten by a dog or other animal call the Law Office of Travis Williams at 407-425-4755 for a free consultation.